The Fresh Water Crisis Worldwide
Physical manifestations of Earth's water crisis include ongoing life-taking drought in Africa, death-dealing floods and tidal waves in Bangladesh, the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia, hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and the sea breaking through the dykes in Holland and killing 1800 people.
Many critical conditions are the result of human doings -- like the Indian government's 2006 plan to create a massive River-Interlinking Project which would siphon off some 70% of the Brahmaputra River which provides Bangladesh with 65% of its fresh water. Great plan, that!
Burroughs and crew spent two years on location, filming one disaster after another, and gathering expert opinion about what can be done to keep fresh water flowing freely for all. Martin Sheen narrates.
If You Like This Film, You May Also Like:
- Title: Water Wars: When Drought, Flood and Greed Collide
- Director: Jim Burroughs
- Release date on DVD: August 31, 2010
- Running time: 60 minutes
- Parents Guide: Advisory for content
- Distributor: Cinema Libre
- Production: USA
- Locations: USA, Bangladesh, India
- Production Company: Film For Thought
- Distributor for DVD: Cinema Libre