Is the American Constitution At Risk?
Wolf presents what she refers to as the ten step blueprint to establishing dictatorship. Put simply, they are:
- Create an internal/external threat that terrorizes the populace.
- Create secret prisons, with torture.
- Create a paramilitary force.
- Single out ordinary citizens as 'troublesome persons.'
- Establish surveillance of citizens' groups and ordinary citizens deemed 'troublesome.'
- Detain and release citizens without formally charging them with any crime.
- Target key individuals who are well known, popular figures.
- Restrict the press.
- Redefine dissent as treason
- Subvert the rule of law.
Could all that happen in America? Yes, says Wolf, and her points are substantiated by the filmmakers' research. Archival footage, documents, interviews with numerous eyewitnesses provide clear evidence that the American Constitution has been undermined, subverted, all but undone.
Parallels to Nazi Germany are Spelled Out
Even if you're not inclined to be critical of the government or to jump on political bandwagons, this film will convince you that our personal freedoms, as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, are in jeopardy. The supporting evidence--including testimony by General James Cullen (retired Chief Judge of the Army) and other credible sources--is irrefutable.
But see The End of America for yourself and make your own judgement. Then think about the challenge the film poses in the end: are you going to do anything about it? And, if so, what? And how?
If You Like This Film, You May Also Like:
- Release Date: December 3, 2008 in limited release
- Running Time: 73 mins.
- Parental Advisory: Content advisory for parents
- Country: USA, with archival footage from Germany, USSR, Italy and other countries.
- Language: English
- Production: Impact Partners/Katahdin Productions
- Distribution: IndiePix